1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Small question with sound effect please help!

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Will J, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Will J

Will J New Member

Hello! I'm stuck in a song i need this specific sound effect but i don't know how to create it.
    It's the following sound:

1:50 Tinashe - 2 On : The zuuuuuuuum sound. It's like its charging zuuuuummmmmmmuuummmmmmmm.

Please tell me how can i create this sound effect? Or can someone please remake the sound effect for me in a mp3 /wave i will pay you for it! I need it badly for a song. And sorry for my amateur question!

3. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like a cymbal with suppressed attack and 100% wet reverb.

First take a cymbal sound in the desired length and try to almost remove the attack (compressor, gate, Logic enveloper or just a fade in the region). Add reverb and listen what the cymbal does. Depending on the reverb this can already sound as in the song. If not, you can add a filter fade, high cut or high shelve, from the high frequencies down. You can do this before or after the reverb or, if the plugin allows it, in the reverb itself.

Just try, this sound is not complicated. It can even be done with white noise (Logic Test Oscillator) but using a cymbal sound is easier.

4. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I agree with Peter, although it sounds like the pitch goes down so maybe sample a cymbal and use exs24 to slow th attack and then make sure pitch change is enabled and use a slight pitchwheel.

However this is the kind of thing I might do vocally, you'd be surprised how that can actually work much quicker than trying to programme stuff.

5. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

I though the same first, but isn't it just the natural decay of a big cymbal?

Nice idea! I am not a talented parrot but that kind of sound could work very well this way.

6. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

Or Dopler effect.