Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMPTE LOCK and Flex Pitch issues

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by ncurtis, Feb 4, 2015.

1. ncurtis

ncurtis Member

I had a song that was recorded at 100 BPM which was imported into Logic at its default 120. In order to add MIDI drums and line everything up at the corrent speed, I performed the SMPTE lock procedure, slowed the time down to 100 BPM and unlocked SMPTE. Everything fine, locked the midi drums to this new speed and job done...until....I try to retune some vocals...using Flex Pitch...and the vocals automatically slow down and become out of time with the song. Thank goodness for 'undo'.

How can I use Flex Pitch without this happening?

3. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Not sure why that's happening, but the first workaround I would try would be to open a New song and set the tempo to 100, then Import everything from your other song file. I'm assuming that some invisible tempo file is mistakenly telling your vocal track that it's already been changed from 120, and maybe importing it into a new session file will make it 'forget'...or maybe it won't work, but it's worth a try!
  4. ncurtis

ncurtis Member

thanks Sonnykeyes..will give it a go!