1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMPTE lock automation situation no better

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by jonperl, Feb 9, 2015.

1. jonperl

jonperl Member

I just posted this feedback to Apple and wonder if perhaps I have been missing something very basic here, or is this a real problem?:

Bug Report &/or feature request: If I Convert track automation to region, then SMPTE-lock the region; OR, if I create new region-based automation, then SMPTE-lock the region, the following is true: If the region is a MIDI region, the automation/fader events inside will be SMPTE-locked. But, if the region is an audio region, the embedded automation will not be SMPTE-locked. This limits what was already a poor workaround for the missing ability to easily lock a track or a project without worrying that tempo changes might cause regions and their automation to become mis-aligned. I've always advocated for a SMPTE-lock TRACK option, if not an option to lock everything in a project. Currently one has to manually enter each audio region in the list editor to view and lock automation events.