1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Software instrument not recording

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by olliolli, Apr 4, 2015.

1. olliolli

olliolli New Member

I've already posted his in Express 8 , but since I've upgraded to 9 I'll post it here as well. I can't record software instruments. The red R lights up on the track and the transport , the level meters respond and I can hear the notes/ drums being played when I use the Piano Roll , but nothing is recorded. I can playback loops (software and audio)and I can record and playback audio , just not record using the software instruments.
    When I was using 8 , in the information about the track on the left of the Arrange window , at the top of the instrument strip where it read " Core Audio - Inst.1" , the letters were greyed out. Now I've upgraded to 9 , the words "Core Audio" are in black , but "Inst. 1" is still greyed out.
    Any ideas? , it's really frustrating. Software instruments record fine in Garageband.

3. Michael F Clef

Michael F Clef New Member

In Logic 9, click Preferences, click Audio, click Devices, click Core Audio, click Input Device, select. Built In Input. Apply Changes. Sorry, that's the best I've got for ya.