1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Software Voices

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Christopher Pratt, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Having just purchased Logic Pro 9 - from the App Store (whatever next? What a price compared to previously :)- I am a little bit disappointed with the software instruments.
    Is the EXS24 Sampler still the core of the system or am I missing something? Is there a decent Church Organ sound anywhere? There was on Pro 8 but I can't find it on 9. If I've got to import samples (particularly orcestral ones)-can anyone recommend a source? No doubt I'll have to pay.
  3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Wow, a real skeptic ;-)

You need to download the sound libs for the EXS sampler, all 19 GB of them, from Apple.

Under the "Logic Pro" menu, download additional content.

Lighten up eh.... take a look at what you are getting for $200... some of us paid allot more over the years (maybe $4000 or more total).
  4. Sorry to have given you the wrong impression - so, in your own words- lighten up. I bought my new iMac at the Apple Shop in Regent Street, London and I could not believe the price of Logic Pro. Ok- it's a download without boxes of manuals but even so- £149 for something that even in the days of its Atari ancestor, over 20 years ago, I paid £450. I fear that my sense of humour (yes- we Brits DO have one) may have been misunderstood. Anyway- thanks for the help. There is a seripus point here though. I thought that I had downloaded the complete package. That's what it said. It took long enough. In the days of CDs one had a finite package. If it glitched one reinstalled. How do I know I got everything for which I paid? And yes!- I have backed it all up!
  5. georgelegeriii

If you look at the list of additional downloads, it will show you if you have them or not. I have the entire library, so it is all unchecked for downloads available.

As for my comments about lightening up... unfortunately, we can get new members who are a little impatient, and either don't read the manuals or documentation, and start to complain. this happens often enough that every once and a while I become snarky. my apologies, it appeared to me that you might be one of those...

I know the "Brits" have a sense of humor, I'm Canadian, and old enough that I still consider the Queen as my monarch, I love Benny Hill, Mr. Bean and Doctor Who...

Welcome to the LUG...
  6. I've actually been in the group far longer than since 2010. I don't know why my name dropped off the list. That is not to say I am anything but a novice. I have been using the program since Notator/Creator days (sounds like you may remember them!). I only use a small fraction of the program's power. I probably don't need 'Pro". I mostly use the program for scoring compositions rather than live audio. (I still prefer Logic to Sibelius because of its incredibly clever interface between record and notation.) Studio work is way way above my head. ( Environment Window- Arghhhh!!!!) BUT - as you know, the vast majority of software instruments sound gross and I thought that by upgrading from 8 and also upgrading the computer I would be able to access more really good sounds.

Where do I find the additional downloads list- on the web-site or in the program somewhere?

(I had the East West Symphony Orchestra on my old computer but its memory wouldn't cope and it was a gift (but legit) copy from a young pro arranger who I taught to university level.) I thought that by generally upgrading I would have far more acceptable (subjective I know but I am old :-() samples.
  7. georgelegeriii

Under the "Logic Pro" menu, download additional content.
  8. Many, many thanks George. I had not realised that the download had "dropped out" and was incomplete. It dropped out again just now but I persevered and am gobsmacked by the quality of the samples. More organs than I can shake a stick at (if you'll pardon the phraseology). :)
  9. georgelegeriii

Happy to help...