Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some weird changes in Logic X 10.04

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by yavuz, Nov 18, 2013.

1. yavuz

yavuz Senior member

I used to be able to alt+drag a region to copy.
    I cannot do that anymore.

T key used to open tools now opens Event List.
    Tool is assigned to alt+1

And I used to be able to shorten lengthen regions and it would snap tp a bar line when smart snap was selected it is acting weird now.

This all happened after a format and a clean install of Maverick.

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Regarding the changed key commands, I can explain this. It is the difference between using the key command set called US versus using the "Initialize all key commands" function at the bottom of the Options menu. This seems to have changed somewhere between the initial release of Logic Pro X and the current version. If you choose US from your key command presets, you should be back to normal. Or if you've just reformatted your drive, start Logic up from a backup system and export your key commands from the key commands window so that you can import them into the new system.

As far as the other anomalies, I'm not sure why you are experiencing them....

4. yavuz

yavuz Senior member

alt+drag still works as copy regions at your system?

Snap works fine when you choose a beat but smart snap is not like it used to be...

5. Eli

Eli Senior member

Yes, Option dragging still works as expected on my system.

I haven't explicitly tested smart snap extensively.

6. yavuz

yavuz Senior member

OK. I found the problem I think...

I had started to use trackpad which I really like but It turns out it causes a lot different weird behaviours in Logic. alt+drag and smart snap was the two incidents.
    I am back to mouse.

My trackpad also became unresponsive after system sleep a few times.
    It is very unusual for Apple products to have such anomalies but it happens I guess..

7. Eli

Eli Senior member

Did you get your key commands back okay?

8. yavuz

yavuz Senior member

I had to enter the different ones manually and they were not many.
    So, Yes I did.
    FYI, choosing US preset did not fix the T for Tools menu.
    It still showed the Event List.

9. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

I played around with the new key commands in Logic X but didn't like them. Fortunately, I had exported my preferred key commands from Logic 9 and was able to import into Lx without any issues.

It's not necessary to do this, but I also created a text table of custom and high frequency key commands. Many are for the Step Input Keyboard and Score editor.

Attached Files:

10. yavuz

yavuz Senior member

I like the new key commands in version 10.0 since I have the small wireless kbd.
    But, changing them in md versions is not logical if you ask me.
    There are companies who sell labeled Logic kbds and cannot be expected to redo everything again.

11. Multispace

Multispace Member

Yeah, I noticed too that they changed the key commands, probably since version 10.0.4. You won't notice it if you updated from a 10.0.x version to 10.0.4 and didn't initialise the key commands. But I installed Logic 10.0.4 fresh on a new Macbook Pro and noticed the changed key commands in comparison to Logic X on my studio Mac Pro.

I read that Apple will address this and revert it back in an upcoming Logic update.

12. yavuz

yavuz Senior member

They had better yes. It does not look good otherwise.
    People gave a lot of effort to learn/memorize them and some people buy Logic kbds so it os not a good idea to change something like this in a minor version.

13. Multispace

Multispace Member

I believe they changed it by accident, not on purpose. They had to be notified to notice it.

Let's hope they fix this and some other (more serious) bugs soon.

14. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

So the incorrect key command thing has been driving me nuts. It occurred to me that thanks to Time Machine, I still have 10.0.3 as a backup. So I opened it, exported the key commands, closed it, opened 10.0.4 and imported the correct ones.

I feel ridiculously pleased with myself :)

I have atached them for others who need them.

Attached Files:

15. Multispace

Multispace Member

Thanks Jay!

16. yavuz

yavuz Senior member

Thanks Jay :)

17. ignatius

ignatius New Member

i haven't update to 10.04.. is the capslock keyboard back yet?

18. Multispace

Multispace Member

No, and it won't be back either. It's replaced by the Musical Typing Keyboard (Cmd-K).

19. ignatius

ignatius New Member

thanks! duh.. guess i should RTFM. :D

20. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hey Multispace,

Can you elaborate on this. Can you point me to any links or threads specifically about these key command changes being an error and their intention of changing them back? I am currently involved in editing a Logic book and am interested in this for the sake of future accuracy!

21. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

He probably got that from me posting it. One of the developers told me that. That said, some of the key commands were changed accidentally and some intentionally so presumably when 10.0.5 comes out we will have the "real" set.