1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Space question upgrading to Logic 9

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by moonman, Jun 26, 2012.

1. moonman

moonman New Member

I'm upgrading from Logic 8 to 9 and I'm wondering how much extra space 9 will take up on my MacBookPro. I plan to skip "Sound Effects and Music Beds" and "Soundtrack Pro."

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

4. Ken Adams

Ken Adams Member

Hi folks,

So, we seem to be without any updated installation pdfs with app store changes to installation? I was told by apple sales that when I updated to 9.1.7 I would be given a chance to select a custom location for additional content. I am using "Download Additional Content" from the Logic Pro menu after installing from the app store.

Is there any tricks to get some or most of the additional 15gb or so addtl content on an external drive as the guy at apple had said there was?

Hmmm...

Thanks as always.
    Ken

5. Ken Adams

Ken Adams Member

"Is there any tricks..." Bad grammar day...

Are there any tricks... etc... :)

6. Ken Adams

Ken Adams Member

OK, so just removed a lot of stuff I' really rather keep on my startup drive and made the install work. Need to find a bigger hard drive for my 2007 intel 2.2 core duo macbook pro. Anybody have any good recommendations for a 3rd party drive I can install in my MBPro?

Thanks all and have a lovely day, wherever you are!
    Ken