Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Split chords for instant divisi multi tracks playback

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Per Boysen, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

Hi Guys,

Can someone come up with a hint on how to set up an instant chord split that sends a chord's lowest note to a certain defined track, next lowest note to another track and vice versa. The application is to play a chord and have four or five separate tracks play back one note each, with different complementary sounds of course. Typically good for working out a brass section or a string quartet part on the fly.

I know there is an old-school way do do this in the environment, but I'm looking for maybe a script in combination with a stack? I also remember that old "Explode Notes" command, to apply to an already recorded MIDI Region containing a chord, which is not what I'm after here.

I've built many useful stack tools where arpeggiators on the sub tracks brake up a played chord but now I want to do that with chord splitting on the input side instead of the arpeggiators on the receiving target track side. Comprende? Ideas?

3. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Is this what you are looking to do.....
    Note Separation.gif

4. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

Well, yes... part of it. That is the editing version of what I'm looking for. I want to find a way to have that split-by-notes and separation-to-channels done directly on my MIDI input.

5. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Sorry my friend....a solution is not obvious to me...