1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic Studio apps Stage setup advice

Discussion in 'MainStage' started by Hotd, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Hotd

Hotd New Member

Hi all,
    I am about to buy logic studio and intend to start using mainstage for future live gigs. I have a couple of queries which I hope people could help me out with :)

I intend to use the 8 track template for my gigs so that I can use the logic synths for keyboards (played by me), and have 2 inputs from the band (guitar feed from Marshall amp, and vocals from main mixer) as I submix my own in ear monitor mix. The plan is to use a send for my iem mix and to send just keys to the main mixer. Is it possible to use the template for this. . . . Or is there a better way to do it?

I am also going to buy a new interface shortly and have narrowed down to 2 possible options. . . Fireface UC or MOTU Ultralite. The main concern is to achieve the lowest latency possible due to what I'm trying to achieve. The fireface UC does get good reviews on low latency, however is the MOTU that far behind? will I honestly notice a significant difference?

Thanks for any feedback.

3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

If this is one of the mixer templates, it only contains audio channel strips. You'll need add software instrument tracks - unless you have another computer to run Logic and put the audio output into MainStage.

If you want two stereo sends (one of your iem and one of your keyboards to the main mixer) you will need to create an aggregate device (system audio + interface) or buy an interface with 4 outs. Not familiar with either of your choices - can't comment.

4. Hotd

Hotd New Member

Hello doug,
    Thanks for the advice. I have set up an aggregate device until I get my new interface. It is working great!

5. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Welcome - good to know the aggregate device will work for you.

Also - I notice I used the term software instrument tracks above - I do mean software instrument channel strips......