1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 still using 9.1.3

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by DavidM, Dec 24, 2011.

1. DavidM

DavidM New Member

Is there any benefit for me to install more recent patches to Logic Pro 9? I am using 10.6.8 and really do not have intentions to upgrade to Lion unless I really need to do so.
    Sorry if this has been covered in earlier posts.
    IMac 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3
    4 GB 1333MHz DDR3
  3. mmm42

mmm42 Senior member

Check the release notes of Logic, it describes all bug fixes and improvements. Then you make your call.

Do you bounce a lot? 9.1.6 supports multi-core bouncing, which on an i3 should probably 2x faster.

Also: do a backup of your computer, that way you can update and see if it works for you.
  4. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Logic Pro 9.1.6 runs in 10.6.8. You don't need to upgrade to Lion. At the same time, having tested Lion for a couple of weeks now, it seems to me that Logic, safari and other apps run somewhat faster in it.

kind regards

5. DavidM

DavidM New Member

Thanks so much for your reply everyone.
  6. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

To be safe you can make a copy of your Logic 9.1.3 app first prior to updating incase you need to revert back for any reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. charlie

charlie Senior member

FWIW, I use Logic Pro 9.1.6 w OSX.6.8 and all works fine here.
    While hearing that things may be snappier in Lion, I will not be upgrading with my present set-up.
    No reason to change when everything is working great!
    Happy Music Making... :hippy:
  8. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Hi Charlie

That is my experience as well, and one of many reasons why I haven't by any means burned my bridges, rather, am testing Lion on a clone of my 10.6.8 system. TBH, in contrast to Leopard and Snow Leopard, I was not that enthusiastic about once again going through the whole OS Upgrade procedure (which as you know can be very time consuming), but as mentioned, I am positively and pleasantly surprised.

No arguments on that score, clearly the priority has to be a system where everything works. At the same time, it is interesting to see what way things are going - not least of all to be able to converse with and help people here who may be having issues.

At some stage Lion will start to be mandatory for some apps - in fact, I believe that Avid Media Composer 6 already requires Lion. Logic 9.1.6 needs 10.6.8, I assume that some future version of Logic will need Lion.

kind regards

9. charlie

charlie Senior member