Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Storing custom created patches in Logic Pro 9?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Ashcraft, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Ashcraft

Ashcraft New Member

I am a beginner and looked in the manuals but cannot find an answer to my question.

Can I create custom patches in Logic Pro 9 and store them? For example, can I add delay and reverb to a church bell sound ( as an example ) and then call it "churchbelldelay" and have this patch in a library?

I am thanking you in advance for any answers. Thanks!

3. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

In Logic you can create a channelstrip with all plugins you need, save it as "Channelstrip Setting" and recall it whenever you want. Even via MIDI if desirable.
  4. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

In addition to channel strips (as Peter mentioned above), you can save custom patches for everything in Logic - synths, samplers, EQ settings, reverbs - the lot.

To save a channel strip:
    Click-hold the top slot of a channel strip.
    Select [Save Channel Strip Setting as..]

To save a modified patch or EQ or reverb:
    Click-hold in the slot on the plug-in where the name of the current setting is shown.
    Select [Save Setting as...]

By default, Logic takes you to the correct folder to store such settings. Your user settings are here:
    Macintosh HD/Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Logic
  5. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

In addition?
    It's the same. You explained what I just mentioned :)
  6. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

I was talking about saving settings of individual plugins, as opposed to all the settings in a channel strip.

I did elaborate on how to save in both cases - just trying to be helpful, as always. :cool: