Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange behavior of controller 4 (Foot Control)

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Uwe Rodi, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Uwe Rodi

Uwe Rodi Member

Hi together,
    I´m working with LPX.0.6 on a macbook pro i7 (2,0 Ghz) early 2011.
    When I have a region on an external midi track or a software-instrument track with a controller 4 message inside, for example with the value 120, the channel strip sends a controller message 4 with value 0 at the end of the region.
    I tried this behavior with logic 9 and there is not. The thing which is the same in 9 and 10 is, that every time I press stop, also an value 0 of controller 4 is send on the out of the channel strip.
    My problem is, that my Nord Stage 2 uses the controller 4 to adjust the organ expression. If I now try to record something after a previous recording I can't here the organ, because the expression of it is set to 0 at the beginning of the recording (or better the end of the previous region)
    It seems that this behavior exists only with controller 4 messages, if I use another message.
    Is this a bug or a feature?
    As a workaroud I transform all incomming controller 4 messages to controller 3 in front of the sequencer input and transform it back to controller 4 at the output to my Nord Stage.

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

4. Uwe Rodi

Uwe Rodi Member

Yes, I did. Nothing seem to change this behavior.