1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Strange change on volume to maximum on some tracks

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Neel, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Neel

Neel New Member

This could be a bug I think. Am I the only one experiencing that? I noticed that sometimes when you open a project that you've worked on already, some of the volumes on some tracks have changed to maximum i.e. +6.0. I didnt change the volume myself, nor is there any automation on the track. I really don't know why the volume level just change all by itself. This can be annoying after you have mixed a song with a lot of care. On reopening the project you see that some volumes have changed. How is that possible? I've used many DAWS before and I've never seen such a thing happening!:confused:

3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

I've never experienced it. I'd check to make sure your MIDI controller isn't sending out that information.

4. Eli

Eli Senior member

When you say there is no automation, I assume you mean track based automation. Have you checked for any region based automation, CC 7 events? I suspect that maybe you are using a MIDI file somewhere in there that was imported that possibly contains some default CC7 messages. Try taking a look in the event list for each of your MIDI regions. See if there is any CC7 data showing.

5. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I used to get this, I thought it was logic until I discovered it was caused by powering up my MIFI keyboard after opening Logic. Worth checking for this kind of thing.