1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Strange Keyboard Controller Phenomena in LPX 10.2.1

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Karl Oberlander, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Karl Oberlander

Karl Oberlander New Member

Hey everyone!

I've been using/learning Logic Pro for about 3 months now and everything was cool up until a few days ago. At that time I noticed that one of the keys on my Keyboard (specifically C2) was not being seen in Logic Pro X when being struck and sending MIDI data. Every other key still works and the MIDI note data can be seen in the custom control bar area on the program. Of course I have local control turned off in the Keyboard. I can program a MIDI note on C2 in Logic and it will play the internal sound on the synthesizer so it is receiving MIDI messages from Logic.

At first I thought it might be a mechanical problem with the Keyboard but have tested the keyboard send/receive MIDI data both on the keyboard using MIDI monitoring and by running another program such as Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol as a stand alone. In Komplete all the keys register and can be heard including the suspect key (C2).

As I said I am fairly new to Logic and have been experimenting with the preferences etc. to see what does what and may have inadvertently locked out this particular key. Although I'm not sure that can actually be done.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Preferences ->control surfaces-->bypass control surfaces
    If that works report back....
  4. Karl Oberlander

Karl Oberlander New Member

Thanks for the information. This did not work per se but whilst looking at the controller assignments I noticed a "learned" assignment that referenced the suspect key (C2). I deleted that and now all is back to normal.

As I said previously I have been digging around in Logic Pro X and finding out what does what. I must have inadvertently hit a key and made this assignment not realizing what I had done.

I guess I learned what does what in the controller assignment window!

Thanks for the help.