1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange thing happened to me

Discussion in 'Music Creation' started by CSeye, Dec 15, 2013.

1. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

"I woke up this morning..." about a week ago, to find myself bitten by some bug, this crazy, coming from left field, and otherwise inexplicable desire to develop some classical guitar chops.

At about the same time as the British Invasion was occurring on the Ed Sullivan Show I had parallel interest Segovia's music.

I picked up a Cordoba C7 and have been diligently pumping nylon.:D In the meantime, I've been musically unplugged which has been a refreshing break.

Go figure.
  3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Them is tough chops…. I decided that wasn't in my skills set a long time ago. Greatly respect those who can do such.
  4. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

As it relates to the right hand, tough indeed.
    Not making any claims right now as the journey of a thousand plucked strings begins with the first rest stroke. :D

At some point down the road, I want to see if I can use finger style playing to trigger MIDI at least as well as I can with a pick.

It's interesting to mentally reconcile playing CG in a sparse room looking out the window vs being wired for sound with MIDI guitar and Logic.