1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Stretching DrumLoop BPM Radius? Flex?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by orcasound, Mar 4, 2012.

1. orcasound

orcasound Member

I purchased about $600.00 in multitrack drum loops from one of my favorite purveyors of acoustic rum loops. -
    Typically their stereo loop collections are 24bit acidized WAV - and I drag to the arrangement window from the Browser window in Logic - Logic automatically syncs the tempo of these files to the bpm of the session - whether I'm auditioning in the media browser or dragging them in - for the most part - the quality is fine.
    However their multitrack drum libraries are not acidized - (which I didnt notice in the fine print).
    I've tried the follwing
    1,Option, drag - time compression within logic
    2, Fkex Rhythm, Flex slice
    3. Flex mode Polyphpnic
    4. converting to Apple Loops and using the LoopBrowser.
    5. Downloaded demo for Radus

The situation - Logics time stretching seems "unobtrusive" on the stereo drum loops - but the multi tracks are taking abetting - the tom tracks warble - room, etc.
    out of the above - the radius seemed very transparent - but og course the demo cuts out every second - so the bounced file is really chopped up.
    Flex in polyphonic/complex - seemed pretty good as well - but the room mic track -seemed a bit hacked up...

In this instance I was moving a loop library played at 82 to 75.

Anyone with experience doing this stuff - If I've got to buy radius - thats cool - but I am not ahppy about the lack of 64bit support / and not working unless I'm running 32bit mode - also it is a bit costly - and seems that I could pay $399 - and it become extinct with Logic X or no further support.
    Perhaps someone could suggest a better way.

Much appreciated.

Rds
    KJ

3. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

What I do is batch process a library with apple Loop Utility, found in the utilities folder.

You can adjust, transients, set looping, or one shot and add tags.

:cool:

4. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

The multi-track loops would possibly benefit from flex mode and grouping. Set your group parameter settings to have Editing and phase locked selected. Once enabled, you'll get a "Q" button added to the track header. This is used to derive the tempo adjustments. Typically kick and snare might have this enabled - no other tracks.