Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 sudden random bursts of static in competed project

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by rainguitar, Jun 6, 2009.

1. rainguitar

rainguitar Member

I'm gettting random bursts of static on play back in a project that I completed months back. Thinking that I may have introduced something the last time I worked on it, I went back further and played back an earlier backup. Same problem. I played back a different recent project, no problem. The only thing I am aware of changing in my system is the swamping out of an Edirol FA-66 for an Apogee Duet. The last time I had a similar problem it turned out to be a corrupted project template, but in that instance it affected every project I had created with that template. Not so this time. The Duet has worked flawlessly on my system so far. (iMac 24", 2.8, 4 gigs ram, OS 10.5.7, Logic Pro Studio 8.2, Battery 3, FM8, Zebra 2.3, Melodyne plugin, Amplitube 2, CSR reverbs, Ozone 3, Soundsoap 2, Spectron.) Thanks,

3. rainguitar

rainguitar Member

I sussed the problem. Apparently the IK Multimedia people have put a new security device in place. one which generates the random static if the plug in isn't authorized. This basically forces you to re-authorize thier products every time you make a, as it turns out, minor change in your system. All I did was to move from OS 10.5.6 to 10.5.7. Every project I had that used either Amplitube 2 or the CSR reverbs was effected. To top it off their online re-authorization system was shut down most of yesterday which effectively ruined my working day.