Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summing Stack Patches

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Eli, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Eli

Eli Senior member

Has anyone figured out a way to identify summing stack patches in the Library? I know there are some, I've stumbled on to them accidentally. Are they grouped or indicated in any way?

What about "patches" that involve bus routing? There are plenty of them, and it is easy to inadvertently populate your project with unwanted aux tracks when you are searching through sounds in the Library.
  3. Fabulowsky

Fabulowsky Member

That would be nice to be able to split them, (heavily thinking about pro manager embedded in LX and enhanced )
    A similar thought I had was to be able to only load channel strips inserts and let me decide what aux to plug to them ... as an example, pressing alt while clicking the menu would give me more options in a similar fashion that you can do when you
    select your audio interface from the apple menu by clicking on alt while you select the speaker icon menu ...
  4. Fabulowsky

Fabulowsky Member

meanwhile I found the use of a simple unix command very useful here:
    1. In the Terminal application type:
    cd /Library/Application\ Support/Logic/Channel\ Strip\ Settings/
    2. search for matches containing an Aux n reference where n is the aux number:
    find . -name '*.cst' -exec egrep -n 'Aux [0-9]+' {} \;

5. Fabulowsky

Fabulowsky Member

Also, for you Eli: I noted after creating two different summing tracks that their corresponding .cst settings file contains the 'Aux Channel' char sequence so again here a command like:
    find . -name '*.cst' -exec grep -n 'Aux Channel' {} \;
    will find them all from a root folder of your choice inside the Terminal application.

Edit: Note that it also works inside the new LX Patches or Manstage Patches folders that contain patches that in turn contains cst files inside the bundle content ....
  6. Eli

Eli Senior member

Interesting, good to know. Although to be honest, there's only so much distraction from music making I am willing to undertake in it's execution!It's too much of a detour away from my comfort zone... :D
  7. eartoyz

eartoyz Member

How do you get a saved summing track preset to reload with the aux that you saved it with, rather than the next available aux?
  8. Eli

Eli Senior member

I don't think you can. Automatically generated Aux creation in Logic seems to be done on a "next available unused number" basis.