Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'LUG Media Station' started by, Sep 18, 2015.

1. New Member

Hello to everybody!
    I am Tiziano Cappiello and this is my first post.
    I've started to play with the new Logic instrument: Alchemy.
    This is a new song with some of features from this instrument.
    Feedbacks are welcome!

3. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

This is definitely not my kind of music, but I have to say I really enjoyed listening to it, and went back to it a few times. I liked the way the percussion sounds blend, the small amounts of detuning, and the way the repeats evolve. It reminded me of something I couldn't place, but later it came to me: the theme to the UK version of Who Do You Think You Are.
  4. New Member

Hi Bayswater and thanks for your feedback!

For the drum/percussion I used 4 different tracks: 2 of them made with alchemy and 2 with other samples.
    I added a tape delay to the piano and used a lot of aftertouch and modulation wheel to add expression.
    I like to compose/arrange different kind of music style, if you like it and agree I may post some other works completely different.

I'm searching with Youtube the UK version of Who Do You Think You Are to listen to the song. I can only find a strange TV serie but the main theme sounds different. Could you please send me the right link? Thank you in advance!

Tiziano Capppiello
  5. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

The only link I can find is this.
    Some years ago the theme was a longer and more interesting. I doubt you'll recognize it in your song. To me it has the same sense of movement, and the percussion has a similar feel.