1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sync Error - Sample Rate 22050 recognized

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by sonnykeyes, May 8, 2015.

1. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Using LP X with Pro Tools HDX hardware via ACAM, and suddenly I was getting sync errors and weird distorted half-time playback, even after rebooting the computer, and even though the panel on the HDX and ACAM both reported a sample rate of 44.1khz.

Just now I forgot the exact 'recognized sample rate' in the error window, so I restarted LP X and everything's fine again, but it makes me wonder: if the only hardware attached to the computer is the HDX (and SYNC HD) where else could LP X be getting a conflicting sample rate from? Anyone know?
  3. Sourcefor

Sourcefor New Member

Yes I get the same error and cannot figure out what it is...all my sample rates are the same and tried removing plugins and one meter the Bx meter seemed to be causing the problem but I am not sure as it only happens in some sessions anyone else ever heard of this?
  4. kevaquarian

kevaquarian New Member

Thank the Gods I saw this. I've been meaning to post something about this myself, with vids/screenshots etc.

I have had this intermittently for years. I've never been able to figure out what the hell it is. I get different rates reported in the error - the figure appears to be random.

The error makes no sense to me whatsoever. I've done all the usual required checks for anything that would be involved with sync errors/SR errors etc.

I wish I was coming to this thread with some good/insightful news for you guys - sorry I can't shed any light on this.

I'm hoping someone else may be able to?

5. angelonyc

angelonyc New Member

I have gotten these occasionally for years, through several versions of Logic. I think it's some kind of bug. when Logic bottlenecks up. it stutters/stops and the sync error is displayed. It happens to me when I'm using a cpu heavy virtual instrument, or too many plug-ins