Logic Pro 9 SYNCHRONIZE TRACKS, TIMING, TEMPO LOGIC PRO 9 - HELP PLEASE!

Musicdragon

I am new to all this so hoping all you experienced users can please help with this inquiry. I am just getting familiar with all the terminology so maybe I am not searching for the correct terms. I have looked at the user's manual and it is very long and technical. I also have searched on the forums but can't find just a simple set of instructions on how to synchronize tracks/timing and tempo in a Logic Pro 9 project. I need to know how to do this if the tempo stays the same during an entire song and also for songs that have multiple tempo changes. To start I just want to get an arpeggiated keyboard patch on one track synched up with the tempo of an apple drum loop on another track so they are clocking with their timing together in synch. Thanks for your help!

I just want to get an arpeggiated keyboard patch on one track synched up with the tempo of an apple drum loop on another track so they are clocking with their timing together in synch. Thanks for your help!

When you set up the arpeggiator in the Environment, you will have a choice of musical subdivisions to choose from to determine what rhythm the arpeggiator will generate. These subdivisions are based on the timing grid and works with the tempo of the project by default. There's nothing specifically to set other than to choose how you want your chords arpeggiated. And the Apple Loop will, by it's very nature, play back at your project tempo automatically as well. You may be over thinking this a bit; it's not all that complicated.

If you don't know how to set up the arpeggiator object, check it out in the manual in the section on the Environment.

Upvote 0
Back