1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 System Performance problem

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by jake, Dec 19, 2012.

1. jake

jake New Member

I've looked through all the old threads and it surprises me there's no mention of the recent problem I'm having getting proper distribution of cpu on all eight"Whatever-their-called"meters. I end up maxing out one "Processor" and everything distorts. It seems to have arrived with the latest up grade. I'm using
    a dedicated hard drive for audio , not my main drive. I switch from software to audio tracks and it distributes for a while but keeps coming back to one lonely processor. Can any one help?
  3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Need to know a few things: Mac, system, logic version... simple basics so we might be able to give you a better guess.

The reason, mine work fine with the cpu being sent to about 6 cores most of the time. I have OS 10.7.5, Logic 9.1.8, on a i7 3.4 GHZ quad core system, 16 GB ram... and you????
  4. jake

jake New Member

OS 10.7.5 Logic 9.1.8 2x2.26 Ghz Quad core intel xeon 10 GB 1066 MHz DDR3.
    Sorry. It seems the problem is not always evident. Today I had a good spread on the audio meters .Using the same songs I was working with yesterday.
  5. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

are you making sure to restart your computer before each session? Things like ram availability can matter, as well as just having the system being absolutely clean to start with...

Also, keep an eye on any changes. If you are recording on a track with allot of plug-ins, that can cause meter spikes, and then when you select a track with none, it will go away, because your audio is not in "live input" mode, which focusses all live processes on 1 CPU.
  6. jake

jake New Member

Thanks George. I hope thats all I need to do. So far so good.