1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tempo information in bounce files

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by friday2life, Jun 28, 2015.

1. friday2life

friday2life New Member

I bounced several tracks from 3 "working" projects for a mastering project. When I imported bounces created in one project (let's call it Project X), the duration changed. That is, in Project X the bounce had a duration of exactly 3:04 (93 bars at 120 bpm), but once imported into the Master project the duration changed to 2:49.
    The Browser also showed a 3:04 duration. Tempi were the same for both Project X and the Master Project (120 bpm). Every indicator specified 3:04 - until the bounce reached a Master Project track at 2:49.
    When I imported the first bounce into the Master, Logic asked "do you want to import the tempo information?" I tried both No and Yes - same result. Bounces from other projects imported at the anticipated length, but bounces from Project X were shorter.
    I also tried bouncing in .wav instead of .aif but bounces still imported short. Presumably at some point I altered tempo information in Project X and changed it back to 120 - but I have no idea how to find this and correct it.
    It's easy enough to work around - a simple polyphonic flex delivered a good result.
    What I'm asking is how and where to identify tempo information that changes bounce duration. I'd much rather manage that element for a predictable bounce duration, rather than relying on Flex. Thanks!