Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terratec Phase X24 wont show up in Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac OS' started by Anenk, May 8, 2012.

1. Anenk

Anenk New Member

Hi all !
    Since I upgraded to SL my Phase X24 soundcard ceased working. No info on Terratecs webpage, and no Mac drivers at all. I think core audio should take care of everything like it used to, but anyway I managed to find a control panel that i installed, but it didn' solve the problem. Is this a SL problem or some other incompatability. Anyone out there that can help me on this.

MacBook Pro (-07),
    Logic Pro 8
  3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Looks like their drivers were PPC code. Snow Leopard removes the rosetta app that allowed Intel Mac's to use older code.

Their web site mentions a G4 800 Mhz Mac as minimum... a very old G4 Mac, 2 cpu generations old. Looks like you are going to have to upgrade your audio card, or rollback your OS.
  4. Anenk

Anenk New Member

Hi George!
    Ok, that explains it. I think I'll go back to Leopard then cause I really like that sound card and it has worked like a clock until upgrading. A pity Apple had to trash Rosetta. I wonder if it was because of technical matters or if they just wanted people to take new steps and upgrade their apps and hardware.
    Thanks for your quick answer.
    / Anders