Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Third Party Plugin Bounce Problems

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by mbesq, Jul 12, 2010.

1. mbesq

mbesq New Member

Some third party plugins will output a click or thump just before they play a region.

This can really be a pain when I am mixing.

I believe it is to do with the manufacturer not strictly conforming to the AU spec, and the plugin hasn't properly emptied its buffer.

The only workaround that I have found is to insert a small slice of audio before the area that I need to bounce, and have the master fader down at that point.

If there are a lot of tracks this is time consuming and aggravating.

Has anyone found a better workaround, or an actual solution?

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

That is in fact the cause of this sort of behaviour. THe AU is not responding to the AudioUnitReset() call

One thing worth doing is contacting the AU developer and reporting this to them. This has worked with a number of plugin developers whose AUs now correctly release. Incidentally, there is an Apple KB Doc about this issue, they state very clearly that there is nothing they can do, it is up to the AU developer to solve the issue:

kind regards

4. HKC

HKC Senior member

And the only stable workaround is to add the small slice in front of the song I'm afraid. Even with many tracks it doesn't take long though, maybe a minute or so.
    The most annoying is afterwards when you have to cut it out and then optimize the file. It's not so much the actual time as much as it just shouldn't be an issue, it's been like this for years and years.
    Recently PSP has addressed this after at least five years of popping so there's hope. Especially if you write to the developers and complain every now and then like Mark suggested.
  5. mbesq

mbesq New Member

Thanks for the replies, I wrote Flux, who are the currant big problem for me. We'll see what they say.
    The small slice of audio at the beginning can be used with out trimming if you mute the master output, unless of course the pop goes to a long reverb.
  6. mbesq

mbesq New Member

I meant current