Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Time and Pitch Machine & Apple Loops

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by mmp, Nov 7, 2010.

1. mmp

mmp New Member

Hello everyone - I'm trying to use the Time and Pitch machine to modify some Apple Loops audio regions - specifically, some ocean waves and animal sounds. However, the function remains grayed-out in the Factory drop window in the Sample Editor - even when the region is selected.

I've tired the "convert to new audio file", hoping this would remove any markers, settings -whatever, that might be blocking the T&P machine - and also dragged an audio file from the Audio Bin into the Arrange Window and then tried converting it, but the T&P link still remains grayed-out.

Are the Apple Loops off-limits to this typed of modification?

3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Bounce them out as audio and reimport them into a new track. And no, apple loops cannot be edited.

4. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

The process of converting apple loops to normal audio seems to have changed over the years. A few years back it worked well to copy/convert to SDII, then back to wav or aiff. Bit of a faff.

I now just do a bounce in place and be done with it. (Same process George suggested but simpler, however you can't do this with Logic 8)