1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time Machine and PLugIn Authorizations

Discussion in 'Mac OS' started by orcasound, Nov 2, 2012.

1. orcasound

orcasound Member

I purchased a new iTB internal drive for my studio MacPro 8core 2.81
    I am still using the 300GB stock internal drive - but wanted to get some breathing room on there - I only have 80gig remaining.

My question, as I haven been doing daily Time Machine backups of the system drive - how does Time Machine handle all of my plug in authorizations, etc, - I have tons of PLugins and instruments - is it basically plug in and go... or will there be tons of errors and down time - that I cant afford right now ?

also - what is the best way to do this - as I have all 4 bays filled with sample drives...

thanks for any advice

orca sound
  3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

It depends on the type of authorisation. Anything involving dongles, such as the iLok, e-Licencer or the new system being used by Waves and others won't mind a new HD. Some types of system authorisation rely on components in your computer other than the Hard Drive and will also not be troubled, but there are others which are authorised to a specific hard drive. In that case, you may have to run a de-install procedure beforehand, and authorise the system once the new HD is installed and everything is up and running, or contact the developer (which is not a bad idea in any case).

kind regards