Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Track monitoring during recording

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by mondolaya, Jul 16, 2013.

1. mondolaya

mondolaya New Member

Hi all,

I'm having a strange new problem in Logic 9. I'm now unable to control the volume level of the individual track I'm recording audio to. (Say, tracking vocals or guitar). I can obviously control the master volume of everything but not the individual track.

Also, I can no longer hear effects added to the track during recording, even when their set to "pre".

I'm currently using a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP.

I realize these should both be simple issues and I've gone through my audio preferences but there's no change.

Thanks for any help.

G

3. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Hi,
    It's recommended to control the recording level via the hardware pre amps or what else... You can do that in Logic as well, by creating so called "Input Channel Strips" in the Environment Mixer but it can not be compared to the hardware pre-amping. So the answer is - hardware level control!

4. mondolaya

mondolaya New Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. However, my audio interface doesn't have individual channel controls, just master level output. Also, in the past I was definitely able to control the monitoring level of whatever track I was recording via that track's volume control.