Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Mac OS' started by dryanrussell, Jul 22, 2015.

1. dryanrussell

dryanrussell New Member

I have a few projects that I need to transfer from Garage Band to Logic Pro 9. Basically I want to transfer the whole project that is in the middle of being recorded in Garage Band to Logic Pro. I want to keep the drum tracks and get rid of the rest of the music and rerecord it in LP. I just do not want to have to redo the drums but I need the same exact track from GB in LP9 (I need them editable - ex. Like be able to change a drum fill or change drum lick to something else). I don't want to just be able to listen to the project I want to be able to delete guitar parts and save drums. I use Easy Drummer / Drum-kit from Hell. I am not a very technically savvy person but I write a lot of music and recording in a studio is just too expensive. So I do it all at home however I am learning as I go. Thanks for your help

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

In principle, Logic Pro is able to open Garage Band projects, however, the GB and Logic versions you are using may be relevant. I haven't tested this, but it is likely that some features in the current GB version will not be recognised by Logic Pro 9, which may in turn cause problems.

kind regards