1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Transformer velocity curve Black Keys Only

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by akinch, Mar 18, 2014.

1. akinch

akinch New Member

My apologies in advance if this has been resolved already....

Is it possible to use a real time Transformer or another object to adjust the velocity curve of ONLY the inbound sharps and flats (black keys) from a midi keyboard?

I have an Arturia Keylab 61, and the black keys consistently have higher velocity values than the white keys. So doing a global change of velocity, throws the white keys out of whack!

Thanks, Alec

I did attempt to search in logic 9 forum using keywords in my thread title, search came back with no results.
  3. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Short of creating a couple of dozen Transformer Presets, one for each accidental on the keyboard, and executing them all sequentially after each recording pass, Logic won't do this. I think your best solution is to shop for a better MIDI keyboard. Sorry! :(
  4. akinch

akinch New Member

Thanks Sonny

I suspected that might be the case. I tried the keyboard with all different soft synths prior, and didnt really notice it. but failed to check it with a piano vst. I yi yi. But in fairness (to my lameness):errr: I have another really good 88keyboard with hammer action, and didnt think I would need it for pianos sounds. so I guess I'll have to move between the 2.