Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Transport Tempo Display

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Christopher Pratt, Feb 20, 2013.

1. I always seem to ask questions that make me feel foolish- but maybe that's the nature of ignorance.
    In the transport bar, even though the time sig. might be compound- like 6/8 the tempo display still reads in crotchets which of course means that setting the tempo means doing the maths to convert for example 80 crotchets per minute to 80x2/3 to get the actual speed of the compound beat per minute. I'm sure it's editable but I've never managed to it. Can someone with a brain help?
  3. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

There are two templates "Half Speed" & "Double Speed" in the Transform Window which can be useful in such situations (specially with midi events). Select the all midi regions in the arrange open the Transform and try.
  4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi Christopher,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If I set my time signature to 6/8, the click and tempo then correspond to the new time signature. By tempo display, do you mean the tempo list? I can access all six beats there independently. They then get subdivided into two divisions each (sixteenth notes) in the third field. And then of course ticks in the last field. They roll over every 240 ticks since the subdivision in the third field is sixteenth notes.

But what's really puzzling, is that you now have me pondering the nature of ignorance:(