Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Transpose playback of one particular MIDI note number

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Per Boysen, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

To be more exact: I want to have every C1 in my MIDI regions played back as the note C0 by my software instruments.

There used to be some kind of drum map in earlier versions of Logic, in the left area's playback parameters box. Any ideas for how to set up this in LPX? (except for cabling through a Transformer in the environment). Many sequencers have note transposers where you can define an IF statement to only have one note transposed; I'm doing it a lot in Bidule for example and have an excellent VST MIDI plug-ins suit that I can't recall the name of at the moment, so I guess it shouldn't be very complicated.

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Hello,

Edited:

Separating a region by pitch, then using the Region Inspector tranpose for the C1 track works in my system using OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite, but not in 10.11 El Capitan.

A mapped instrument is the only other way I can think of that works.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  4. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

You can put the Bidule plugin into a MIDI FX slot.
    (Above the software instrument in the Logic channelstrip)

——

If you play with third party instruments, you could also use the Bidule plugin as a software instrument and load the AU or VST there. This is less comfortable of course but since Bidule is your playground, you know what's possible in such a "patch-container".

5. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

Thanks, good hint! I didn't think the Bidule AU works as a MIDI plugin because it doesn't show up on my Logic system. Maybe I need to look into it in Logic's plug-in manager, or I just forgot to install the plug-in part of Bidule? I've mostly been using Bidule for the kind of stuff you do in Mainstage.

6. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

Hallo Peter, it turned out I did not have the latest AU component version of Bidule - although I did have the latest standalone. So when I installed so my system has both the AU MIDI fx and the Standalone of the same version number the MIDI plugin is available in Logic. This is a great time saver for my work-flow; since I can keep a Logic Channelstrip preset for directly remap Drummer track MIDI regions for being played back by other, differently mapped, drum kits I have in KONTAKT.

7. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Hi Per,

I support only Audio Grocery users with free custom Scripts or Environment Tools normally. During the Holidays
    I'm having a willing to make gifts for non AG users with the hope they will join Audio Grocery one day :).
    I just created a brand new Scripter tool called "AG Note Remapper". Get it from the download link below, unzip and install. After the installation you will find a new AG folder in the Scripter User path.
    It is an non-destructive real-time MIDI FX plugin.
    1. Remap as many Notes as you want.
    2. Use the "Reset Notes Mapper" check box to reset the Mapper to standard MIDI Note Numbers order.

AG NOTE REMAPPER: DOWNLOAD

[​IMG]

Happy Holidays

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  8. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

Ahh, that's super nifty! Thank you and have a great holiday!

9. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

I must say that I like TAngra's script better than Bidule because in Scripter the note names are the same as in Logic while in Bidule the note names are shifted by two octaves (even though the note number are accurate).

10. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Yep, Tangra is always better than a program :)

11. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Heh, that's funny Peter.
    Cheers:beer: