1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Triggering VST in Logic with Sibelius through Midi

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Mark Marshall, May 27, 2013.

1. Mark Marshall

Mark Marshall New Member

Hello Everyone. I'm a new/old member. I was on the LUG for many years and went away for some time. I've started using Logic again and I'm having some issues.

I was wondering if anyone is using Logic and Sibelius side by side?

I'm trying to set it up so I send midi out of Sibelius through the audio/midi options in the applications/utilities. I Logic I set up a new physical imput and connect it to a channel splitter. I then run it to however many instruments I need. This works ok.

Now the problem.....

I want to create a 2nd midi path coming out of sibelius. The reason being so I can use a soundset designed for EZ Drummer. I created a second channel splitter in logic to send the new midi path to a channel.

Things aren't working as expected. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I would really like to compose in sibelius and trigger sounds in Logic. I would also like the option to record audio which is also why I'm not staying in sibelius 100%.

Is there any hope for this setup? I appreciate any help.
  3. Mark Marshall

Mark Marshall New Member

I'm using Logic 8 and Sibelius 7.3. I'm also syncing with rewire so the two playbacks work together.