Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 trouble seeing whole score in midifile

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by bebri, Dec 12, 2011.

1. bebri

bebri New Member

In Logic Pro 9 I seem to have lost (perhaps by accidentally disconnecting) the ability to see a) both the WHOLE SCORE of any selected midi file using the Score Window as well as b) the highlighted midi track OF MY OWN CHOICE in a midi file. Instead I get a seemingly locked score of a track other than my choice which I cannot move beyond at this point.

Please advise, as I like to alternately see a whole midi song score occasionally, as well as most frequently use the score window of a particular chosen (highlighted in arranger window) track to make my own version of any given track one by one. Thanks for any help. I have tried to find this solution in many searches with no luck. How does one (lose and) regain the ability to see a whole score as well as particular tracks of choice in the Score Window?

3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Welcome to the forum.

Logic's MIDI editors all have a link button (looks like a chain) in the upper left of their window. They have two or three modes/colors, depending on the window. The score editor has three. You can change the mode by a long click - it produces a pop-up menu. Select what mode you want. The color/mode of the link button is as follows:

Grey: no link - will not update upon selecting a new MIDI region
    Yellow: shows contents of selected region - always updates to new selection
    Purple: same level link. This will always show all MIDI regions of a level. It changes as you navigate to a new level. (You'll never see this change unless you start using folders.) What it does is basically function as an overview of the all MDI tracks regardless of track/region selected.

Within the score editor you can change from a single track/region view to all MIDI tracks /regions by double clicking anywhere not in a staff, or use the up level button next to the link button. To go from viewing all tracks/regions to a single track, double click in the white area within the staff you want to see.

4. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

Very helpful explanation.