Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UAD-2 Solo card

Discussion in 'Studio Techniques' started by ivocruz, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ivocruz

ivocruz New Member

Hi. Anybody using the UAD-2 Solo card with Logic? can i use it on an Imac?
  3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

An imac has neither a PCIe nor Express interface, so it is not possible to use a UAD card with one. You either need a Mac Pro for the PCIe version, or a Mac Book Pro with Express 3/4 slot for the UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop card.

there are many excellent native AUs out there which are easily on par with the UAD plugins and will run on your iMac. I suggest that you take a closer look at waves, sonalksis, psp - to name just a few.

kind regards

4. HKC

HKC Senior member

Hmm easily on par with UAD.
    I suppose everything is relative because I have both the Sonalksis and PSP stuff and I wouldn't say they are on par. They are something else (and very different from each other too) but for certain things I find it very hard to find anything that is on par with UAD1/2.
    Of course if you have to do without them it's perfectly possible, no doubt about that, but that's not the same
  5. ivocruz

ivocruz New Member

Thanks for prompt reply. That makes it for me and uad gear, i will look at waves software.
  6. alienimplant

alienimplant Senior member