Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uln-2 & firewire 800?

Discussion in 'Metric Halo' started by lowgic, Aug 22, 2009.

1. lowgic

lowgic New Member

Are there any problems using a ULN-2 with a new macbook pro that only has a firewire 800 port?

Is anyone using their uln with a 400 to 800 adaptor?

3. Allen Rowand

Allen Rowand Member

I have run all MH interfaces on a MacBook Pro with a FW800 to 400 cable with no problem.

Allen

4. tomhigley

tomhigley New Member

I just purchased a new MBP 15," and I'm having a problem that's driving me crazy. I can't get my Metric Halo ULN-2 audio interface to talk to the MBP via the new MBP Firewire 800 port. I've tried a cable that goes from FW800 to FW400. I've purchased adapters Sonnnet 6-pin to 9-pin adapters that will allow me to use the standard FW400 cables with the MBP. Nothing works. Now here's the thing. The MBP port clearly works. I can plug in a drive that works properly FW800 > FW800. Further, the cable with the adapter attached is carrying signal to allow a drive plugged into the MH ULN-2 to be recognized. I just can't get Logic to see the MH ULN-2. Anyone have any ideas?

5. Allen Rowand

Allen Rowand Member

-Have you installed the driver?
    -Are you powering the ULN-2 via the power supply? If not please look here:
    https://www.mhsecure.com/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=3&id=21&artlang=en&highlight=uln-2 power

There is no issue with using our interfaces on a FW800 bus, but they may not start up via FW power on newer laptops.

6. tomhigley

tomhigley New Member

Feeling pretty sheepish here . . . driver? Oh, yeah, duh!

I just spent a good part of the week reinstalling software, but I forgot (entirely) to reinstall the MH MIO Console / Drivers. It's working now. Thank you!!!!

(Per your other question: yes, I use the ULN-2, and a separate 2882, with the power supplies; I know this has been an issue.)

7. Allen Rowand

Allen Rowand Member

Always happy when it's simple!

8. tomhigley

tomhigley New Member

Ah, yes. But it's simple in this case because I'm simple. Could be worse, I suppose.

9. jedc53

jedc53 New Member

The firewire 800 cable that came with my G-Drive has two square 9-pin connectors.The other cable has what I thought was a normal firewire connector and a 9-pin.The ULN-2 +DSP is suitable for broadcast applications.The ULN2 is a great device.The software is amazing.I just spent a good part of the week reinstalling software,but I forgot to reinstall the MH MIO Drivers.