Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultrabeat Multi Output Settings Files and Template

Discussion in 'Studio Techniques' started by Eddie Sullivan, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Eddie Sullivan

Eddie Sullivan Senior member

I went to the trouble to create versions of the stock Logic Drumkits as Multi Output files. I've also created a sensible template as a starting point to using the Multi Output Drums.

The files are here for anyone to download. Admin for LUG can also post the files in 'Downloads' because I'm not sure how to do this.

The MultiOutput Files:

A Custom Template that made sense to me:

The Multi Output Folder should be unzipped and them placed:

Home->Library->Application Support->Logic->Plug-In Settings->Ultrabeat

The Custom Template can be placed:

Home->Library->Application Support->Logic->Project Templates

I think that this will take some of the 'grunt work' out of assigning multiple outputs to Ultrabeat Drums : )

Good Luck!
  3. Jeff

Jeff New Member

Hi Eddie,

This looks like great information using Ultrabeat. I have followed your link to unzip the drums for ultrabeat, but they are greyed out and I am unable to use the drum kits. Can you explain a bit more on unzipping the drum kits to use the many drum kits that are available.

4. Eddie Sullivan

The downloads and directions are here:

Not sure why they are 'greyed out' - do you mean they are greyed out in the actual plug in interface menus?

The Mac should simply unzip the drum kits and the resulting files if placed in the right place should yield the results you are looking for...
  5. BlueFielder

BlueFielder New Member

Just found this. You did a lot of work to produce these. Very useful. Thanks Eddie.
  6. Eddie Sullivan

I'm trying to convert all of the GarageBand kits into UltraBeat kits next- that is a *lot* of work- those will be Multi-Outputs as well- when I'm done I'll post them... I hope I actually get done though lol....
  7. BlueFielder

BlueFielder New Member

Yes... impressive amount of work

Thanks again Eddie. You REALLY did a lot of work on these. Much more than just 'presets'. You made my work soooo much easier... and enjoyable.
    I find myself using Ultrabeat more than Stylus RMX now!
    Ultrabeat really is much more powerful and useful than I had thought.

From your example, I've made a few more multi-output templates , tweaking and adding more audio outs.

Thanks again!

" Look/listen honey.... I'm drumming!" <door slam>
  8. wnfred55

wnfred55 New Member

can you layer samples in ultrabeat,would like to layer snares and kicks in ultrabeat.and if so,how do you go about it.
  9. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

That was quite a bit of work that you did to make it easier for us.

Many thanks :thmbup:
  10. dhawkins

dhawkins New Member

Hey Eddie,

I'm getting a 404 not found on both of your links -- have you taken these down now?

If so, any chance of reinstating them at some point?

Thanks for a quick word.

11. greg328

greg328 New Member

Any chance you can re-fresh/re-assign those links? Thnx,