1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Unable to Open KONTAKT 5 PLAYER with Logic Pro 9

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by jaikumar.sivalingam, Dec 5, 2011.

1. jaikumar.sivalingam

jaikumar.sivalingam New Member

I am unable to open KONTAKT 5 Player with Logic Pro 9 (Vienna Grand is working only with KONTAKT 5 Player)where it appears blank after choosing it in the channel Strip...

The Stand alone mode is working absolutely fine. Also I am able to open KONTAKT 4 Player with Logic Pro 9. Request your help here.
  3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Just for the records and your info, I have 3 different systems I use or work on as a tech, and all 3 have Logic and Kontakt 5 player working fine.

You don't mention any of the more helpful pieces of info that might help to resolve this: Mac, OS, ram, version of Logic, 32 bit or 64 bit.
  4. jaikumar.sivalingam

jaikumar.sivalingam New Member

I have KONTAKT 4 PLayer which is working absolutely fine but when I open KONTAKT 5 Player it gives me a white blank screen it doesn't locate me to the edit window.

Mac OS 10.6.8, RAM- 8 GB 1067 MhZ DDR3, version of Logic -32 bit
  5. Harmonybear

Harmonybear New Member

Me too - Kontakt 5 won't work as a Plugin in LP9

Greetings -

Kontakt 5 was working as a Plugin in LP9 until I installed Studio Drummer today. Other NI plugins appear in the NI selections at the end of the Channel Strip Inserts chain (Guitar Rig 5 FX and MFX and Reaktor 5) and they work in LP9.

I opened the AU Manager in Logic and Kontakt 5 is there, checked and validated. I selected it and hit Reset and Rescan in the AU Manager and the report came back clean. I trashed the Kontakt 5 folder, shut down and restarted, re-downloaded Kontakt 5 and installed it again, taking extra care that I selected AU in the installer. It still appears as valid in the AU Manager and another Reset and Rescan didn't help.

Kontakt 5 and the new NI Session Drummer work fine in stand-alone mode.

I'm also posting a copy of this note at the NI forum.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 15-inch, Mid 2009, 2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, OS 10.7.3

Attached Files: