1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Upgrade to Studio 9?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by RichCee, Oct 28, 2010.

1. RichCee

RichCee New Member

Help!!

I hope I'm on the right part of the forum.

I currently use Logic Express 7 on my intel iMac running OSX 10.4.11. My plan is to upgrade the OS to 10.6.x and then install the upgrade version of LS9.

I also have the LE7 installed on my macbook which I've just upgraded from OS 10.5. to 10.6 but since then LE won't open - it stalls at AUBandpass.

I'm afraid the same issue will arise on the iMac and the upgrade to LS9 will be problematic.

Has anyone got any ideas?

3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

are you sure you updated all your logic components, especially the proapp updates?

4. RichCee

RichCee New Member

Hi George,

I've checked 'Software Update...' . Is there anything else I can do? I'm not sure I know about proapps.

Thanks, Richard

5. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Try the Apple site, support area, downloads. You should find them there. Look in Audio or Apple, not sure which one...

It looks like you might already have them...

I am not sure if L express 7 will work on 10.6.x though. Anyone know for sure? Are we chasing a loosing proposition here?

6. RichCee

RichCee New Member

Hi George,

You were right - I'd overlooked a software update called 'Pro Kit' - should have read the small print more closely... LE on macbook (10.6.4) up and running again.

Thanks for your help.

Richard