Upgrading HD

chalkncheese

Logician
Hi

I am starting get more frequent processing alerts, and 'hangs' using Logic Pro X on My Mid 2012 MacBookPro using the internal drive only, and I need to reconfigure the drives. After some research it seems sensible (but tell me if I am wrong) to consider a SSd to replace the existing 750GB internal drive to hold OSX and applications and move the existing HD to the replace the the CD slot which I seldom use, and use this HD to store the audio data, loops, instrument software samples etc; and perhaps get a superdrive for the few times I need to use it.

I would like to know (i) is my strategy generally sound in the context of using LPX plus NI, Spectrasonics, East West software instruments and (ii) advice on how to size the SSD. Perhaps someone has done exactly this and can provide feedback.

Thanks and regards to all

Get the biggest SSD you can afford and/or don't keep adding apps to your application folder. .. With regular hard drive you had to keep about 1/4 of drive free.. Don't know it that matters to OSX SSD... But if you fill your OSX drive, be prepared for headaches.

If your libraries will fit on the 750 yeah.. If you get a big enough SSD.. You can start your Logic Projects on the SSD, and then move off for storage once song is done..

Back