Upgrading power

chalkncheese

Logician
Hi

I have been waiting to upgrade to a new iMac for months. I wanted the top of range model as i always generally believe this is sensible, but the shortage of supply where i live (Middle East) means i may have to settle for less.

While I know that a new 2.9Mhz iMac will be able to handle Logic Pro, is there much significant advantage in holding out for the 3.2 Mhz model? I imagine there is for games, but perhaps not for using Logic?

Your thoughts?

Simple: get the fastest you can afford. These machines are VERY fast, and look awesome.And for Logic they are also very good, almost as fast as a dual quad Mac Pro from a generation back, I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I has the $$$$.

The 3 MHZ thing might not be the only thing here: you want the i7 quad core machine, not the i5 for sure. I'd spend the cash on the 27 3.4 GHZ i7 version ($200more than the top of the line iMac). They look awesome, the monitor itself if one of the best I have ever seen, and they are QUIET when running at full song.

Simple: get the fastest you can afford. These machines are VERY fast, and look awesome.And for Logic they are also very good, almost as fast as a dual quad Mac Pro from a generation back, I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I has the $$$$.

The 3 MHZ thing might not be the only thing here: you want the i7 quad core machine, not the i5 for sure. I'd spend the cash on the 27 3.4 GHZ i7 version ($200more than the top of the line iMac). They look awesome, the monitor itself if one of the best I have ever seen, and they are QUIET when running at full song.
thanks George, i would not hesitate if the unit was available, the point is that it doesn't seem to be available, and the few that get through have a silly waiting list, and so i am asking whether the lesser machine is up to the task, and rather hoping someone out there that has one might point in a direction, if only to say "don't buy!"

I guess being in LA one would be able to walk into a store and pick one up...

I would wait if I couldn't order one today, and then have a huge party the day it got here ;-)

Back