Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Upgrated from Tiger to Snow Leopard now Logic 8 wont open...Please helpp !!

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by ricky bster, Jan 19, 2010.

1. ricky bster

ricky bster New Member

i recently upgraded from tiger to snow leopard hope it wasn't a big mistake.. :( once i finished installing leopard my Logic Pro 8 just stop working.. I've tried restarting the mac a couple times and when i try to re open Logic it just crashes right before it ever gets to open.. Should I uninstall and reinstall ?? is there any setting i could set without having to un and re install.. pleaaase any help

Macbook Pro (Intel).. Snow Leopard 10.6
    Logic Pro 8.. 8.0.2
  3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

The obvious things to do first are to delete the Logic preferences from your user/library/preferences folder and repair permissions with Disk Utility.
  4. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Did you double check that all your Pro Apps upgrades had been installed? This sounds like that issue to me.

George Leger III
  5. JuanTahnahmahrah

JuanTahnahmahrah Senior member

Did you start with a blank hard drive, and then do a clean install of Snow Leopard (and then reinstall all your applications)? Or did you upgrade direct from Tiger to Snow Leopard, to save yourself the hassle of reinstalling everything?
  6. alienimplant

alienimplant Senior member

At what point EXACTLY is Logic crashing. Do you even get to the splash screen?
  7. Eli

Eli Senior member

I'm with George on this one. Run software update and make sure you have all the pro app updates installed.
  8. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member