1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 URGENT! help

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by EioN, Jun 6, 2012.

1. EioN

EioN New Member

so I accidentally deleted my drum samples off of my hard drive
    (I am re downloading them now . . once I do that is there an easy way to re link them up if I put them on an external HD?)
  3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

How about telling what drum samples, what system and what version of Logic? Would be a lot easier to answer the question.
  4. EioN

EioN New Member

I don't see why the name of the drum samples would make a difference either way I figured it out, It seems I always figure it out before someone on this site answers.
    thanks anyway for the response : )
  5. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Well, in my mind it was possible you were talking about Apple loop drums samples that come with Logic, or the factory sound for the EXS-24. There are different ways of having Logic relocate them.

And, why not share your solution with others? It could be helpful.
  6. EioN

EioN New Member

Yeah I guess you might think that . . . however I don't know why you would ever use any stock logic sounds (especially the drum samples) if you were any self respecting musician : /
    the drum samples were a mix of things some self recorded others from sample packs over 25 gigs of samples (its ok I had them on the backup I just could not find the "easy" way to get logic to recognize that they had been restored.
  7. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi EioN,

I saw your original post and also found it a bit vague (and still do). You talk about "drum samples" and "Logic recognizing they had been restored".

Do you mean that you have created EXS 24 instruments containing these samples, and you wanted to know how to re-link the samples with the instruments?

Or perhaps you had them loaded into Ultrabeat and were concerned that Ultrabeat would be able to find them.

Or perhaps they were just raw samples that you work with directly from the Audio Bin and place on audio tracks in the Arrange Window to build your own drum parts, and weren't sure if Logic would find them when you reopened your session. Maybe they were copied to your project folder. Or maybe you were working from one global library of drum samples and just referencing them all from that one location.

Or perhaps these samples were used by some third party plug-in within Logic.

Or perhaps they were one shot apple loops that you were working with from your Loop Browser and needed to know how to re-index them so they appear there.

So, I hope you see at this point that referring to "drum samples" could mean many things. There are LOTS of ways of working with drums in Logic:D
  8. LMPaule

LMPaule Senior member

After reading your responses to Doug, I think I figured our your major problem.