1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by rprovost121, Sep 7, 2013.

1. rprovost121

rprovost121 New Member

Hello fellow Logic Pro 9 users. I just starting using this program and ran into a serious bump that I can't seem to figure out how to fix.

So while coming to the conclusion of my first production, the audio on all of my midi tracks all the sudden started to become distorted and and crackly and pretty much destroyed everything I've been working on for the passed 12 hours. I think that it was a key I pressed on the keyboard..it all happened so fast I don't remember exactly which key it was, maybe a command + key?. I have no external devices connected and or anything like that..just working right from my mac.

Also a "MIDI TIMEOUT" message began coming up ever since this started happening. PLEASE HELP, any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3. rprovost121

rprovost121 New Member

MIDI Timeout/Deep Architecture Message

So now a 'deep architecture' message is starting to come up along with the 'MIDI Timeout' message. If anyone has ever seen this message or has a solution to this please help. Have been troubleshooting for the past couple hours and no luck. Thanks.

4. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

I'd check my Audio I/O buffer, make sure it's 128 or larger. That crackling sound is your CPU overloading trying to process too much data.

Try and freeze your tracks... that will help.
  5. rprovost121

rprovost121 New Member

I appreciate the response. I just tried doing both of those...and as it was halfway into the freezing process it stopped and the MIDI Timeout message came up again. In the message it is saying I need to update my MIDI drivers to the latest software? Have you seen anything like this before?

6. georgelegeriii

I guess the question that needs to be answered is: what did you change or update on your system just before this happened" Did you install a new keyboard or midi controller of some kind?

I could fix this remotely I think... do you know anything about digging into the "Library" folders in your system? In other words, how technical are you?
  7. rprovost121

rprovost121 New Member

To be completely honest I've tried almost everything that others have posted in about 4 other forums and the same result has been happening. I've tried increasing buffer size, importing tracks to a new project, backing up the MIDI driver folder in both 'users' and 'library' folder..the list goes on. When I try to bounce or freeze tracks the MIDI Timeout message will pop up when it reaches a certain part of the song and won't go away where I have to force quit the program. I don't want to give up on this production but I really don't know what else to do, spent 8 hours troubleshooting over the weekend. Pretty frustrating as you can tell.
  8. rprovost121

rprovost121 New Member

And no I did not install or update any new software.
  9. Eli

Eli Senior member

What audio interface are you using? I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread?

Have you tried running your project with the built in Mac core audio drivers? This is a fairly simple non invasive way to rule out problems with the drivers associated with your audio hardware.
  10. georgelegeriii

Another thing: take a look and see if there is a track that starts close to the spot where the overload happens (usually a bar on either side).

If you find one, try and delete it (make sure you do a save first) and see if it goes away. I suggest deleting so no data is left to possible affect the processing in Logic. Extreme but often effective.

Once you discover the track, we can look at the plug-ins on that track.
  11. rprovost121

rprovost121 New Member

Eli - The only thing I am using to produce and record is my mac..I have nothing added in terms of audio interface as far as I know..I just started producing and using Logic nonetheless. I haven't tried using the built in Mac core audio drivers but if you could navigate me on how to use them it would definitely be worth a try.

George - All of the tracks except for 1 or 2 seem to be effected..I tried deleting a few of the heavier tracks but made no difference. I also tried deleting all/most of the media on the opposite side as to where the MIDI Timeout message comes up..in which case freezes again. I tried throwing the plug-ins associated with each track on bypass but made pretty much no difference. FYI, when I stop the song completely a crackling sound continues...
  12. georgelegeriii

Look at your PM...