Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using a Mackie C4 with Logic 10.1.1 - 32 volume pots?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by madhermit, Mar 3, 2015.

1. madhermit

madhermit New Member

Hi out there,

New user to the forum, but I've been using Logic since V3.

I have a question for any C4 owners out there.

I am trying to find a way to make the 32 pots all do channel volume instead of Pan. Anyone know how to do this?

Also, I find when I use the Track L and Track R buttons, the values do not update on the scribble strips, nor does the channel selection move in the Logic app itself. I haven't found a way around this. Is that standard behavior for the C4?

J. Dickinson
  3. paulnajar

paulnajar Senior member

I'm pretty sure the 32 volume pots or 32 of anything is not possible on the C4. I have wished for this on occasion as well.

I've never mastered the split functionality the mackie controllers have. PerS you can explore there.

Regarding updating strips I have noticed more on my mackie controls than the C4 that strip updates are a bit broken. Particularly when you hide/ show track stacks or using the track hide function. The strips don't update. Leading to altering something other than what is labelled on the Mackies. It started to happen with 10.1 Logic.
  4. madhermit

madhermit New Member

Thanks for the info. I have since discovered a way of using it as a 8 channel controller.

Anyone know if I can set it up as a general midi controller for 32 channels?

EDIT: 32 channels of volume for 32 Logic tracks?