Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Logic with ULN-8 at 192 kHz - problem

Discussion in 'Metric Halo' started by garethJones, Apr 5, 2011.

1. garethJones

garethJones Member

There seems to be a problem (on my laptop at least) - the sound of Klopfgeist changes - goes buzzy and thin, as if L & R are somehow not locked. Also quickly checked ES-2 - same problem with changing sounds.

96KHz seems absolutely fine.
  3. garethJones

garethJones Member

Same problem on my Mac Pro
  4. garethJones

garethJones Member

Could someone else check this out for me? Could I have a faulty unit, or is it Logic? Using Logic 9.1.3 and OSX 10.6.7
  5. garethJones

garethJones Member

My LIO-8 seems fine. I guess I have a faulty ULN-8 :)
  6. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

7. garethJones

garethJones Member

Jay - I was aware of Dan's paper - thanks for reminding me of it.
  8. garethJones

garethJones Member

Jon Stern at Metric Halo has been v. helpful (as always) and pointed out that I am prob running out of DSP. So now I am optimizing the MIO mixer and this seems to be helping with the weird noises (that in the meantime are also being generated by my LIO-8 when the DSP usage is greater than 100%
  9. I have a ULN8..When using it with any program, i.e. Spotify, Itunes, ProTools, I get a buzz in the left channel when using 192Mhz/internal clock..And the MIO console program, the I/O-page, saying "DSP used: 135%"..
    garethJones taks about "optimizing the console" I dont quite get that?
    what does it mean? putting more processing power into it or?
  10. Allen Rowand

Allen Rowand Member

You are overloading the DSP. The "optimizing" Gareth referred to is simply eliminating plug-ins or busses to get the DSP load down to 100% or less.
  11. Well, I dont really get it.. I use nothing else than Itunes...the MIO-programme and the can I minimize this..? I use no plugins
  12. I now eliminated 4 sends to an external reverb..this put the DSP usage down to 78 %.
    But the flutter is still there in the left side...(and on the headset - no doubt it comes from the ULN8) - and that is still playing Itunes or Spotify material in 44.1 with the ULN8 set to 192...but also when using ProTools 192-recorded material...Is it the interface? I am actually consulting a local technician here in Denmark about this...