Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Using Loops While Recording Audio

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by gstorey, Dec 21, 2009.

1. gstorey

gstorey New Member

I am using Logic Pro 8 at the moment on a quad core pro Mac. I am trying to use drum loops while I record regular audio tracks. Here is what happens when I try to do this. I click on a loop that starts playing, but as soon as I press start or record, the loop stops playing. This is a feature that I never use, so it is new to me. I am used to recording audio and so far, I have no problems there. Any help would be appreciated.
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Are you referring to Apple Loops ? And from the Loop Browser? It sounds like what you are doing is clicking on them in the loop browser to audition them, and then going to the Arrange Window to hit play. This isn't how they work. You need to drag them from the Loop Browser onto tracks in the Arrange Window in order for them to become part of your arrangement.

If this isn't the correct scenario, please give more info.
  4. gstorey

gstorey New Member

Thank you Eli, that is what I was looking for. This is a feature that I never use as I always use a real drummer.