1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Rewire to link Logic to Sibelius

Discussion in 'Music Creation' started by dsw67, Jan 5, 2011.

1. dsw67

dsw67 Member

Has anyone done this? What are your experiences with it? What are the benefits? I don't really understand it.

I'm actually better at composing in Sibelius than Logic, so for me the goal would be to export my compositions from Sibelius into Logic and tweak them for performance.

Using Rewire to link Logic to Sibelius

3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I can't see any benefits as you have the added complication of two applications.

That's why I just use Logic for composing.

4. Orren Merton

Orren Merton Logic Samurai / Administrator Staff Member

I only know Sibelius in the most basic terms, so I asked my resident Sibelius expert friend and here's what he said:

So it sounds like if that's what you want to do, it might be worth your while. But only you can decide that.

Hope that helps,
    Orren

5. dsw67

dsw67 Member

Thanks Orren. Actually, I have no clue what I'm doing. Just trying to pick up things here and there. :brkwl:

Your book is a big help, by the way. :thmbup:

6. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I would agree that is an elegant way to work if you are tied in to Sibelius for those reasons, and it is better than what many people do, ie export back and forth between Sibelius and Logic.

But I believe it's a good idea to evaluate each method for what you need. If Logic's score really can't do what you need and Sibelius can then obviously you have to use Sibelius. If Logic's score can do what you need and you also need audio recording, it makes most sense to create (and importantly) archive the project in one application.

7. Orren Merton

Orren Merton Logic Samurai / Administrator Staff Member

Thank you, and I'm glad the book is helping! :)

Orren