1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Vienna Instruments/Logic Pro 8 problems

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Patscha, May 31, 2009.

1. Patscha

Patscha New Member

Does anyone have any experience using Logic Pro 8 with Vienna Instruments' SE Strings? When I open Logic it simply says:

"An Error has occurred with an installed Audio Unit Plug-in

Logic Pro unexpectedly quit while trying to use the Audio Unit “Vienna Instruments” by “VSL”.
    This plug-in may require an update.

Any ideas? The Vienna Instruments are working in standalone mode but Logic is not having it...

I am using an iMac w/ 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, OSX 10.5.6

I've tried to re-install the newest VI software to no avail.

Need help!?
  3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

I can tell you all works fine here. Have you installed both the instrument and the ensemble version?

V2 or V3?

I also suggest looking into your preferences files and trash any for all Vienna Symphonic apps.

4. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

Also check that you have the latest versions of Licence Control Center as well as VSL Directory Manager etc.

For more advice, you should also join the VSL forums:

The VSL team often respond directly and users there are very polite and helpful.
  5. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Actually, don't. the "current" version of the LCC that I got off the Syncrosoft web site broke my key. I actually lost my Cubase and Nuendo licenses.

I went and found (at the Steinberg web site I think) and things were back to normal, other than the loss of the 2 Steinberg apps.