Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Vocal harmonie plug in?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by musiclover33, Mar 1, 2010.

1. musiclover33

musiclover33 New Member

Does anyone here know if there is a program I can use to create vocal harmonies with pro logic 9?

3. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

Celemony Melodyne?

But you could also use Logic's own audio region pitch transposing function to copy a vocal recording and change its pitch to become a second, third or fourth harmony. Any audio recording done in Logic should work with that. If importing a file recorded elsewhere you can re-record it in Logic to make it "pitch change enabled". Route the track's output to a bus and use that bus as the input for a new audio track where you record it. Then click the little channel strip inspector box named "follow tempo" and you can cut the regions into slices that may be pitch transposed.

The "follow tempo" method might feel bulky if there are lots of glissandi in the original recording. You may also experiment with sampling a part to be played with the EXS24 and pitch bend.

Finally there is also the option to use the EVOC20 to create vocoder sounding harmonies out of a lead vox track.

4. HKC

HKC Senior member

You may as well get Melodyne right away. It can do harmonies (if you can figure them out yourself, it can't do that ....yet).
    It's a fantastic tool for correcting pitch and to some degree timing too.

PS When I say it's fantastic I mean that it does what it's supposed to. I would just wish that it wasn't needed quite as often as it is or maybe it's just my clients (who hopefully doesn't read this forum).

5. musiclover33

musiclover33 New Member

Wow! Thanks for all the great advice. Melodyne? Is that compatable with pro logic?

6. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

Celemony Melodyne can be run as a standalone application or as a plugin under Logic. Check their spec's, I bet it is spelled out at their web site.

7. HKC

HKC Senior member

It works, everybody uses it, the expression "to autotune" is changing to "to melodyne". I like the plugin version but that may be because it's the one I have and know. It's also the one that just works as any other plugin in Logic.

8. rzzz

rzzz Member

Harmony FX by Antares also does a good job, though there's less control than with Melodyne - download a demo

rz

9. musiclover33

musiclover33 New Member

thanks alot, as a songwriter that doesnt have a band is would you say that molodyne is a good must have or at least a worthy purchase?

10. adavis

adavis New Member

Also check out MU Voice. It's a real time 4 part harmony plug-in that can sync to your seq. or can be triggered from a keyboard on midi controller. They have some videos on youtube that are pretty cool.

adavis